This pineapple dip is perfect for game day this Sunday, actually it’s fun to serve at any party, so keep it in mind down the road.
The presentation is fun and it really stands out on your buffet table plus it tastes really delicious. Cream cheese with fresh pineapple chunks and other savory ingredients get molded into the shape of a pineapple then studded with whole pecans, when finished it will take on the look of a whole pineapple, you can swipe it on crackers, raw veggies, fruit, chips, whatever you like.
Your cream cheese mixture can be whipped up the day before so all the flavors meld together nicely, you can even pre-shape it into the pineapple barrel shape beforehand, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it the night before.
You’ll be using raw, unsalted pecans halves for your pineapple dip, once I counted and it took 70 to cover the cheese mixture which came from an 8 oz. bag, this time I bought a container full and I had extras, which is a good thing.
Just remember whatever kind of platter you’re going to serve it on to make sure you position the barrel of cream cheese with enough room for the crown piece to be placed back on top.
You can start from the top and work your self down placing the pecans on making sure to overlap them and cover the sides and bottom as well, you can also place them from the bottom up, trying your best to cover as much surface as you can.
You still have time to gather up the ingredients to make this party pineapple dip for Sunday game day, it’s a show stopper and your guests will love it!
Follow Proud Italian Cook on Instagram to see what else I’m cooking up during the week.
Pineapple Party Dip for Super Bowl and Beyond
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Foodie Blog
- 1 fresh, ripe pineapple
- 1 cup or so of pineapple, finely chopped and drained or squeezed of juice if overly juicy
- 2 – 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, softened
- at least an 8 oz. bag of raw unsalted pecan halves, a little more just in case some are cracked. You’ll need 70 or so to cover your cream cheese barrel
- 1 tablespoon, grainy mustard
- ¼ each of a red, orange and yellow pepper, small dice
- ⅓ cup of black olives, canned, drained, sliced and chopped ( optional)
- 2 or 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 heaping tablespoons, fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the crown off of your pineapple, slice the half lengthwise so it lays flat and save. Pick a pineapple crown that’s not so big, otherwise it won’t look in proportion.
- Chop up a cup of so of the pineapple flesh.
- In a medium bowl add the softened cream cheese and grainy mustard, beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Now fold in with a spatula the reserved pineapple, colored peppers, chopped pecans, olives, onions and parsley, making sure everything gets incorporated.
- It’s important to taste at this point, you might want to add more of something to your liking.
- Now you can either refrigerate the mixture overnight in the bowl covered with plastic wrap, or on plastic wrap shape the mixture into the barrel shaped pineapple, covered completely with plastic wrap and refrigerate that overnight.
- When ready to serve place cream cheese mixture onto your serving platter, remember the crown is going to be placed on top so make sure you allow for that on your platter when positioning the cream cheese.
- Place the pecan halves from top to bottom or bottom to top covering the sides as best you can, overlapping the pecans to cover most of the cheese mixture.
- Position the crown in place and scatter all your dipping veggies, crackers and chips all around.